- FFFAIF supports the recognition of "FROMELLES" on State and National Memorials
11am Remembrance Day,
11 November, 2017
99 years since the Armistice
FFFAIF 2017 Annual General Meeting
Level 2, 99 York Street, Sydney
11.00 am, Saturday, 18 November, 2017
Western Front Association Lectures
Dates in History
1 October 1918 Australian Light Horse take Damascus.
5 October 1918 Capture of Montbrehain, France by AIF.
10 October 1917 Battle of Poelcappelle, Western Front. (Third Battle Ypres).
21 October 1915 Australian Red Cross Missing & Wounded Bureau established.
21 October 1916 5th Australian Division enter the front line near Flers, Somme.
28 October 1916 First conscription referendum.
30 October 1918 Armistice with Turkey.
31 October 1917 4th Light Horse charge at Beersheba, Palestine.
1 November 1914 1st AIF Convoy sails from Albany, Western Australia.
7 November 1916 Third Battle of Gaza.
9 November 1914 HMAS Sydney sinks the Emden.
11 November 1918 Germany signs the Armistice. REMEMBRANCE DAY.
11 November 1941 Opening of the Australian War Memorial
14 November 1917 End of Third Battle of Ypres, Western Front.
2 December 1914 First Australian military aircraft despatched to war.
3 December 1914 First AIF disembarked in Egypt
3 December 1915 Siege of Kut begins in Mesopotamia.
7 December 1915 Evacuation of ANZAC troops from Gallipoli begins.
9 December 1917 Jerusalem occupied by the Desert Mounted Corps.
12 December 1917 HMAS Australia damaged in a collision with HMS Repulse.
13 December 1915 Australian Light Horse fight at Um Rakham.
20 December 1915 Last Australian troops evacuated from Gallipoli.
20 December 1917 Second conscription referendum held in Australia.
21 December 1916 Australian Light Horse capture El Arish
23 December 1916 Battle of Magdhaba, northern Sinai
31 December 1914 The second convoy of the First AIF departed Albany Western Australia.
- Commemoration of the Centenary of the Battles of Third Ypres Anzac Memorial, Hyde Park Sydney, Tuesday 26 September 2017
- Sydney Centenary Commemoration of the Third Battle of Ypres
- 2017 John Laffin Memorial Lecture
- Centenary of commencement of The Third Battle of Ypres 31 July
- Fromelles Day Sydney – Solemn Vespers and Procession from the Archibald Fountain to the Anzac Memorial Commemorative Service
- Fromelles Day Commemorations, Wednesday 19 July
- Return of the Menin Gate Lions to Ieper
- Flanders Memorial Garden dedicated at the Australian War Memorial 4 April 2017
- The Families and Friends of the First AIF applauds the joint Australian–UK decision, to conduct a full DNA testing program on the remains of Australian and British soldiers found in mass graves at Pheasant Wood (Fromelles), and for their continuing commitment to identify as many of the fallen as is possible. We also thank the Australian, UK and French governments for affording dignified individual reburials for these soldiers, buried by German soldiers following the Battle of Fromelles on 19/20 July 1916, in the Fromelles (Pheasant Wood) Military Cemetery.
Category Archives: Annual General Meeting
Sydney, NSW – 11-13 November 2016 Friday 11 November Remembrance Day Commemoration at The Cenotaph, Martin Place A number of FFFAIF members attended the Remembrance Day service at The Cenotaph in Martin Place, Sydney where President Jim Munro, accompanied by … Continue reading
2014 FFFAIF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING The AGM this year will be held on Saturday 11th October, 2014. Registration from 2:15pm Meeting Commences: 2:30pm Venue: Penrith RSL Club 8 Tindale Street Penrith NSW RSVP: 03/10/2014 Financial Members: If you are attending … Continue reading
2013 Annual General Meeting Saturday 28 September 2013 Bathurst RSL Club 114 Rankin St Bathurst NSW 2:30pm Registration from 2:15 pm. The AGM will be followed by a dinner commencing at 6:30pm. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
Families and Friends of First AIF 2012 Annual General Meeting and Dinner Garden City Motel 55 Jerrabomberra Avenue Narrabundah, ACT 2609 AGM: Saturday 15 September at 2.15pm for 2.30pm in the Banksia Room Dinner: Saturday 15 September (time to be … Continue reading
The Annual General Meeting of the The Families and Friends of the First AIF will be held in Dubbo, New South Wales at 2:45pm at RSL Club on Saturday 9th October 2010 Photo: Dubbo War Memorial [Munro Collection] If you … Continue reading
The 2009 Families and Friends of the First AIF Annual General Meeting was held at The Army Museum, Bandiana, Victoria (36° 8’48.60″S, 146°55’3.10″E) on Saturday 10 October. The Museum, managed by Major Graham Docksey, OAM, the Director of the Museum, as … Continue reading
The Annual General Meeting of the Families and Friends of the First AIF will be held at the Army Museum Bandiana, Wodonga Victoria on Saturday 10th October 2009 at 3pm. Prior to the AGM the John & Hazelle Laffin Collection … Continue reading
Families and Friends of First AIF Inc Annual General Meeting Saturday 10th October 2009 at Army Museum Bandiana Wondonga, Victoria. Full details of the AGM are available to FFFAIF members in the Member’s Area in Trench News under Member Updates. ***** … Continue reading
The Annual General Meeting of the FFFAIF was held in Canberra on Monday 10 November. The meeting was attended by 27 members and their guests. Photo: Getting down to business. [Heather Ford] The 2008/09 Committee are: President: Russell Curley Vice … Continue reading