FFFAIF recognises as Honorary Members people who have made an extraordinary contribution to Digger heritage.
Honorary Members include:
- inaugural FFFAIF Patron-in-Chief and Governor-General Dame Quentin Bryce AD CVO;
- immediate past Patron-in-Chief and Governor-General General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK AC(Mil) CVO MC (RETD);
- former NSW Governor Dame Marie Bashir AD CVO,
- Lieutenant General Ken Gillespie AC DSC CSM (Ret’d), former Chief of Army and Chair NSW Centenary of Anzac Council;
- Mr Kerry Stokes AC, Chair, Australian War Memorial Council;
- Dr Brendan Nelson AO, Director, Australian War Memorial;
- Fromelles advocate Lambis Englezos AM;
- Professor Richard Wright AM, Emeritus Professor of Anthropology at the University of Sydney and Senior Forensic Adviser to Oxford Archaeology during the Pheasant Wood mass graves exhumation and investigation at Fromelles;
- the inaugural President of FFFAIF, Craig Laffin OAM; and
- Professor Peter Dennis Emeritus Professor of History and former head of the Department of History at UNSW Canberra, creator of the ‘Australian Anzacs in the Great War’ and ‘New Zealand’s Great War databases.
In addition, FFFAIF has given its highest honour of Life Membership to the following members who have devoted much effort to FFFAIF activities over an extended period:
- Past president Russell Curley (Committee Member for 13 years, President 2006-2015);
- Commemorations Officer, Margaret Snodgrass OAM (Committee Member for 13 years);
- Graeme Hosken, Secretary and Editor of DIGGER and COBBER (Committee Member for 17 years);
- Maurice Campbell, former Publicity Officer (Committee Member for 17 years); and
- Jim Munro, current President. (Committee Member for 12 years, President 2015-present).
To facilitate these distinguished members being able to keep up-to-date with strategic projects intended to preserve and enhance “Digger Heritage” and Keep the Memory Alive and to hear of FFFAIF progress and aspirations and to assist in fundraising for Headstone Projects, Commemorations and Memorials, FFFAIF has recently established an Honorary and Life Members Council.