The Families and Friends of the First AIF Inc (FFFAIF Inc) is Dedicated to Digger Heritage and Keeping The Memory Alive (KTMA) of the First AIF Diggers who served in the Great War of 1914 -1918.
The FFFAIF has about 400 members in Australia and Overseas
- FFFAI advocates in support of Digger Heritage issues;
- Publishes a quarterly “DIGGER” magazine of 60-80 pages, full of Digger profiles, photos and insights (available in both electronic and printed form)
- has created a national resource of more than 4,ooo pages of Australian soldier stories in its back catalogue of 70 issues of DIGGER magazine available on-line to Members;
- Produces an occasional COBBeR e-magazine as a companion to DIGGER;
- Annual John Laffin Memorial Lectures;
- 19 July Fromelles Day Commemoration of the Of the Battle of Fromelles;
- 26 September Commemoration of the Battles of Third Ypres
(Menin Road, Polygon Wood, Broodseinde, Poelcapelle and Passchendaele);
- Occasional Regional Meetings and Excursions;
- Facebook forum;
- Research and publication assistance; and
- Individual, organisational and concessional membership.
The Patron-in-Chief of the FFFAIF:
His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd),
Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia.
His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd), Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia, is the FFFAIF Patron-in-Chief, succeeding the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK AC(Mil) CVO MC (RETD). FFFAIF thanks His Excellency General for granting us this honour and welcomes him to our association.
Major General Matthew Sykes (MoD), Lt General David Hurley (Vice Chief of the Australian Defence Force) and Major General Mike O’Brien (ADF) reflect on the commencement of the Fromelles exhumation process Tuesday 5 May 2009.
[Images from Mirror.com.uk and Philippe Pauchet- Click on images to enlarge]
To find out more about the Patron-in- Chief, His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd) and Her Excellency Mrs Hurley, click here .
Previous Patrons-in- Chief
Both inaugural FFFAIF Patron-in-Chief and former Governor-General Dame Quentin Bryce AD CVO and immediate past Patron-in-Chief and former Governor-General General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK AC(Mil) CVO MC (RETD) have accepted Honorary Membership of FFFAIF, reflecting their continuing interest in Digger Heritage.
To find out more about previous Previous Patrons-in- Chief, click on their names .